Entrepreneurs with Vision
Today we are going to Whitefish to book the hotel for our annual Players Club Retreat. After missing last year due to the challenges of COVID, I am truly excited about the group who are coming this year. This retreat is all about time set aside to learn and do what it takes to create a clear vision for their business so their vision is fulfilled not just in the next 12 months but also into the future.
During this retreat, we will do an exercise I call Freedom Planning! Learning how to take a goal and chunk it down so it truly gives you peace of mind. We will unpack short and long-term goals and the strategies and tactics to make them a reality.
In a nutshell here are the 3 steps to planning:
1. Clarity – where are you going by when and why?
- I encouraged everyone to create at least 3 goals in each of the following areas that they would like to accomplish in the next 12 months: Business, Money, Relationships, and Personal. Life is to be lived in all areas!
2. Bite-Size Pieces
- For each of those goals, break it down into quarters: beginning with the end in mind (not dividing it by 12).
- Now break it down to months.
- Now break it down to weeks.
- We are tracking not only the numbers – income goals and expenses to manage – but also your time so put it on your calendar!
3. Review & Tweak
- On as regular a basis as possible review what actually happened with what you planned.
- Ask 3 powerful questions: What worked, what didn’t, and what is next? This is where you are at choice, where you become empowered, and where you make decisions with confidence!
When you have an understanding that being at choice is how we truly have freedom, you will begin to operate differently. Planning is the vehicle that gives us this ability.